HTC to release wearable device this year, feels ‘positive and optimistic about 2014’
HTC Corp. (2498) said an updated version of the One smartphone, its first wearable device and a renewed focus on marketing will help turn around the company this year after two straight annual declines in revenue.
“We feel positive and optimistic about 2014 when compared to 2013,” Chang Chialin, chief financial officer and head of global sales for the Taoyuan, Taiwan-based company, said in an interview yesterday at Bloomberg’s headquarters in New York. He declined to provide a forecast ahead of an investor conference call scheduled for Feb. 10.
Once the leading smartphone maker in the U.S., HTC’s sales dropped 30 percent last year as product delays and a shrinking marketing budget caused it to lose share to LG Electronics Inc. and Lenovo Group Ltd. A wearable device will be available by this year’s Christmas shopping season after years of development and technical challenges, Chairman Cher Wang said.
Read more by clicking on the source link.
Image credit: CNET
- koalas-infinitos reblogged this from mobilewire
- w-slr likes this
- elephant-art likes this
- bluezine1 likes this
- moha-aziz likes this
- ronielien reblogged this from mobilewire
- beloschuk likes this
- htc4life reblogged this from mobilewire
- ladythoughts07 reblogged this from mobilewire
- bigjspeid300 likes this
- memestyleuk reblogged this from mobilewire
- itsemilienguyen likes this
- fairy--beater likes this
- josueeeh likes this
- pidrow reblogged this from mobilewire
- obedjames reblogged this from mobilewire
- obedjames likes this
- mobilewire posted this